Blogger has now become more friendly with its new updated features. Blogger now finally introduced most awaited SEO features for Google hosted Blogspot blog. Blogger team is trying to get closer to its biggest competitor WordPress. Now you have no need to hack template for adding meta tags. You can easily add a meta description, meta tag to not only for your Blog homepage but also for individual posts or static pages. So let’s see learn the tutorial.
How to Add Meta Tag And Description:-
- Login to New Blogger Dashboard.
- Make a new post in the post editor, if you see the Search Description at right menu bar then there is no need to add the following code in the template.
- If you don’t see the Search Description option in menu bar then go to Template / Edit HTML.
- Download the full template before making any changes in it.( More Info)
- Find following a piece of code in blogger template.
- And paste following code just above it.
<b:if cond='data:blog.metaDescription != ""'> <meta expr:content='data:blog.metaDescription' name='description'/> </b:if>
- Save you template.
Add Meta Description To Blog:-
Go to Settings / Search preferences, Under Meta tag / Description, click “Edit” and select “Yes” , Now write a meta description about your blog in space provide.
Add Description To Your Post:-
Also Read: Top 6 Android Applications For Bloggers
While writing a new post in blogger post editor then you will find a new option called “Search Description” under “Post Settings”, where you can add a short description of your individual post.
Finally, I want to say that if you find difficulty in adding meta description then you can drop your comment below regarding your problem.
You can also find all these information on blogger support.